Directory of links related to digital photography, technology and other topics. These were found to have interesting contents but the validity and consistency of their information has not been verified.
- Bob Atkins Photography
- Bob Atkins is probably the most complete and in-depth source of information regarding Canon lenses and digital camera optics. This site has reviews of Canon and Canon-compatible lenses with detailed quality and performance measurements. There are also numerous comprehensive articles explaining optics and how they work on digital cameras. While the Bob Atkins concentrates his equipment reviews on Canon cameras, the optics and technology articles are applicable to all brands of digital SLR cameras.
- Digital Photography Review
- Cameras are analyzed and thoroughly described at dpreview. The reviews there are so detailed that most take more than twenty pages to cover everything from body design to photo quality and almost everything in between. For people who like to completely know a camera before buying, this is the place to go.
- Digital camera image quality measured technically and systematically. Covers multiple aspects of image quality and has a simple comparison interface.
- This site is devoted to Minolta A-mount DSLR cameras and related components. It may not say much about the cameras themselves, currently the Konica-Minolta Maxxum 7D and Konica-Minolta Maxxum 5D only, but it has a catalog of nearly every Minolta A-mount lens ever made, complete with detailed specifications, pictures, review links, information links and user-reviews. As Konica-Minolta DSLR users feel uncertainty towards the transition of A-mount DSLR cameras to Sony, Dyxum is bound to become an increasingly important site. This site is recommended for people wanting additional equimpement for their KM digtial SLR cameras.
- Easypano is one of the world's leading virtual tour solution providers, which specializes in developing panorama software and virtual tour software.
- Image Defects
- Comprehensive description of image defects with sample images.
- Imaging Resource
- The reviews of this site cover lots of important points in a very verbose way. A large number of cameras have been reviewed there. A very uniform series of tests and conclusions make this site excellent for comparing competing camera models.
- Panorama Photo & Panoramic Photography
- Weekly panorama photo and everything you need to create amazing panoramic photos including panorama software reviews and recommendations for tripods, panoramic heads, ball heads and leveling bases.
- Pentax Digital SLR
- The Pentax site for information on its DSLR cameras. There is a reasonable amount of information plus the ability to buy directly from Pentax, although at the full retail price.
- Photography Blog
- As a whole. Photography Blog covers numerous topics including digital photography news, camera reviews and articles. However, it regularly publishes consistent digital camera reviews which focuses on camera usability. These reviews include a bit more image analysis than its peers while still being low-tech.
- SLR Gear
- Both technical site-generated reviews and user-reviews of various lenses.
- Stock Photo Price Calculator
- Ultra-simple interface to estimate image licensing costs based on publication, size and distribution volume. Service is completely free.
- Trusted Reviews
- Trusted Reviews specializes in short reviews of all kinds of electronics, including digital cameras which are given their own section on the site. All cameras reviewed are measured in terms features, image-quality and value, on a 10-point scale. While conclusions reached at Trusted Reviews are not always in accord with those reached in most other sites, they do put down poorly performing digital cameras such as the Epson R-D1 and the Sony M2. This is a rarety among review sites lately and for this we must congradulate them.
10 Gifts Photographers Will Love
The 2019 gift guide for photographers showcases photography gear that amateur and enthusiasts will enjoy. It is divided into 3 price categories to suit different budgets from $50 to $200 USD.
Sony Alpha A7R IV In-Depth Review
The newest Sony high-resolution mirrorless packs a 61 MP Full-Frame BSI-CMOS sensor on 5-axis Sensor-Shift system. It shoots at 10 FPS, records 4K Ultra-HD video and focuses with a new 567-Point and 425-Area Hybrid AF system with Realtime tracking. This professional-grade camera features a 5.8 MP 0.5" EVF with 0.78X magnification, 100% coverage and an Eye-Start Sensor plus triple control-dials in a weatherproof body. This review shows exactly how the A7R IV performs and compares to top Full-Frame and Medium-Format digital cameras.
Olympus OM-D E-M1X Review
Professional Micro Four-Thirds mirrorless sporting an ultra-high speed 20 MP sensor with 121-Point Phase-Detect AF on a 5-axis image-stabilization system effective to 7-stops. 60 FPS drive with blackout free view on a huge 0.83X magnification 2.4 MP 0.5" EVF. Even a builtin GPS in a dual-grip double dual-control-dial IPX1-rated weatherproof and freezeproof body.
Nikon D3500 Review
The lightest DSLR packs a 24 MP APS-C sensor with ISO 100-25600 sensitivity-range, 5 FPS drive and Full HD video capture. Basic features with simple ergonomics.
Time-Lapse Photography for Beginners
Learn how to get started with time-lapse photography in 4 easy steps.
Fujifilm X-T30 Review
The newest 26 MP 4th-Generation X-Trans CMOS sensor and X-Process 4 from the flagship X-T3 in more compact body. ISO 80-51200, 1/32000-30s, 20 FPS Continuous drive, Cinema 4K video. Dual control-dials and 2.4 MP EVF with Eye-Start Sensor.
Nikon Z6 Review
Nikon Full-Frame Mirrorless with 24 MP and 5-Axis Built-In Image-Stabilization effective to 5-Stops. ISO 100-202400. 12 FPS Continuous Drive. 3.7 MP 0.5" EVF with 0.8X Magnification and 100% Coverage. 4K Ultra-HD video.
Fujifilm GFX 50R Review
Medium Format Mirrorless Digital Camera based on 50 MP 0.8X-Crop CMOS sensor without Anti-Alias Filter. ISO 50-102400, 1/16000s-60m Shutter-Speeds, 3 FPS and Full 1080p HD video at 30 FPS. Large 0.5" EVF with 3.7 MP, 100% coverage, 0.77X magnification and an Eye-Start Sensor. Dual control-dials in a weatherproof and freezeproof body.
Fujifilm X-T3 Review
State of the art 26 MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor with 2.1M Phase-Detect pixels, 20 FPS Full-Resolution Continuous Drive, Cinema 4K & Ultra-HD 4K video at 60 FPS. Built-in 0.5" EVF 3.7MP, 100% Coverage, 0.75X magnification and Eye-Start Sensor. Dual control-dials plus dedicated dias in weatherproof and freezeproof body.
Think Tank Photo Story Teller 10 Review
Review of the Think Thank Photo Story Teller 10 photography shoulder bag.