Directory of links related to digital photography, technology and other topics. These were found to have interesting contents but the validity and consistency of their information has not been verified.
- Bob Atkins Photography
- Bob Atkins is probably the most complete and in-depth source of information regarding Canon lenses and digital camera optics. This site has reviews of Canon and Canon-compatible lenses with detailed quality and performance measurements. There are also numerous comprehensive articles explaining optics and how they work on digital cameras. While the Bob Atkins concentrates his equipment reviews on Canon cameras, the optics and technology articles are applicable to all brands of digital SLR cameras.
- Digital Camera Resource Page
- Each digital camera review at DCResource covers all the essentials and amazingly manages to stay within a very pleasant length. This is one of the rare sites covering movie modes. The short reviews there are a great place to find out more about a particular camera model.
- Digital Photography Review
- Cameras are analyzed and thoroughly described at dpreview. The reviews there are so detailed that most take more than twenty pages to cover everything from body design to photo quality and almost everything in between. For people who like to completely know a camera before buying, this is the place to go.
- Digital camera image quality measured technically and systematically. Covers multiple aspects of image quality and has a simple comparison interface.
- This site is devoted to Minolta A-mount DSLR cameras and related components. It may not say much about the cameras themselves, currently the Konica-Minolta Maxxum 7D and Konica-Minolta Maxxum 5D only, but it has a catalog of nearly every Minolta A-mount lens ever made, complete with detailed specifications, pictures, review links, information links and user-reviews. As Konica-Minolta DSLR users feel uncertainty towards the transition of A-mount DSLR cameras to Sony, Dyxum is bound to become an increasingly important site. This site is recommended for people wanting additional equimpement for their KM digtial SLR cameras.
- Easypano is one of the world's leading virtual tour solution providers, which specializes in developing panorama software and virtual tour software.
- Image Defects
- Comprehensive description of image defects with sample images.
- Imaging Resource
- The reviews of this site cover lots of important points in a very verbose way. A large number of cameras have been reviewed there. A very uniform series of tests and conclusions make this site excellent for comparing competing camera models.
- Luminous Landscape
- This site reviews the handling and ergonomics of high-end cameras. It does not go into button details but the insights on handling are tremendously valuable and cannot be found anywhere else.
- New York Photography School
- The New York Film Academy offers a variety of photography programs starting from 1 week workshops to fully accredited Masters of Fine Arts in Photography. Instruction is available onsite at locations around the world: New York City, Los Angeles, Harvard, Paris, Florence, Brisbane, Abu Dhabi, New Delhi, Kyoto and Beijing.
- Panorama Photo & Panoramic Photography
- Weekly panorama photo and everything you need to create amazing panoramic photos including panorama software reviews and recommendations for tripods, panoramic heads, ball heads and leveling bases.
- Pentax Digital SLR
- The Pentax site for information on its DSLR cameras. There is a reasonable amount of information plus the ability to buy directly from Pentax, although at the full retail price.
- Photography Blog
- As a whole. Photography Blog covers numerous topics including digital photography news, camera reviews and articles. However, it regularly publishes consistent digital camera reviews which focuses on camera usability. These reviews include a bit more image analysis than its peers while still being low-tech.
- SLR Gear
- Both technical site-generated reviews and user-reviews of various lenses.
- Stock Photo Price Calculator
- Ultra-simple interface to estimate image licensing costs based on publication, size and distribution volume. Service is completely free.
- Trusted Reviews
- Trusted Reviews specializes in short reviews of all kinds of electronics, including digital cameras which are given their own section on the site. All cameras reviewed are measured in terms features, image-quality and value, on a 10-point scale. While conclusions reached at Trusted Reviews are not always in accord with those reached in most other sites, they do put down poorly performing digital cameras such as the Epson R-D1 and the Sony M2. This is a rarety among review sites lately and for this we must congradulate them.
Nikon D610 Review
24 MP full-frame DSLR with 100% coverage OVF, dual-controls in a weather-sealed body. Upgraded from the D600 with 6 FPS continuous drive and 3 FPS quiet drive plus a new improved AWB system.
Ricoh Pentax K-3 Review
The first Ricoh DSLR inherits the K-5 DNA, bringing megapixels to 24 and a unique Anti-Alias Filter Effect along with 8.3 FPS drive and 4K Time-Lapse video. APS-C sensor with ISO 100-5200, 1/8000s, large 100% coverage OVF, dual SDXC slots, all in a solid weather-sealed and freezeproof body.
Best Digital Cameras of 2013
The best digital cameras available in 2013 awarded by category. These exceptional models deliver outstanding image-quality and features for various types of photography.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Review
The ultimate Panasonic flagship mirrorless features in-body stabilization for the first time and a ultra-high resolution tilting EVF. Full manual-control with dual-controls dials. Feature-rich, with 16 MP, 5 FPS, 1080p HD @ 60 FPS, WiFi and NFC.
Nikon 1 AW1 Detailed Review
Waterproof to 15m, shockproof to 2m and freezeproof to -10C, the AW1 is the only rugged interchangeable lens camera. Its 14 MP high-speed 1" CMOS sensor delivers 60 FPS and shutter-speeds up to 1/16000s. Full 1080p HD video capable.
Nikon 1 AW1 Preview
Preview of the Nikon 1 AW1, the only waterproof or shockproof interchangeable lens camera. See how Nikon built this mirrorless camera and its equally sturdy lenses.
Amazing Lenses to Make You Want Another System
These amazing lenses, plus a few extra ones for good measure, will make you want to buy another system. These unique will expand your photographic vision. Each is mostly unique to a system making you wish you had one camera for every one of them!
Olympus PEN E-P5 Review
As the fllagship of Olympus PEN series, the E-P5 mirroress camera is brimming with features: a 16 MP LiveMOS with 5-Axis image-stabilization, ISO 100-25600, 9 FPS, 1080p HD with Stereo sound, 1/8000-60s plus to 30mis of Live-Builb. Full manual-controls in a highly customizable and durable metal body with 3 control-dials
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
An amazing 60X ultra-wide-angle optical zoom with a 16 megapixels CMOS sensor in a body with plenty of external controls. 9 FPS, 1080p HD with stereo sound.
Fuji X100S Review
Premium compact with a large 16 MP X-Trans II CMOS sensor with built-in Phase-Detect AF, a bright 23mm F/2 prime lens, hybrid 2.4 MP EVF/OVF with Eye-Start sensor, full 1080p HD video.