Directory of links related to digital photography, technology and other topics. These were found to have interesting contents but the validity and consistency of their information has not been verified.
- Bob Atkins Photography
- Bob Atkins is probably the most complete and in-depth source of information regarding Canon lenses and digital camera optics. This site has reviews of Canon and Canon-compatible lenses with detailed quality and performance measurements. There are also numerous comprehensive articles explaining optics and how they work on digital cameras. While the Bob Atkins concentrates his equipment reviews on Canon cameras, the optics and technology articles are applicable to all brands of digital SLR cameras.
- Digital Camera Resource Page
- Each digital camera review at DCResource covers all the essentials and amazingly manages to stay within a very pleasant length. This is one of the rare sites covering movie modes. The short reviews there are a great place to find out more about a particular camera model.
- Digital Photography Review
- Cameras are analyzed and thoroughly described at dpreview. The reviews there are so detailed that most take more than twenty pages to cover everything from body design to photo quality and almost everything in between. For people who like to completely know a camera before buying, this is the place to go.
- Digital camera image quality measured technically and systematically. Covers multiple aspects of image quality and has a simple comparison interface.
- This site is devoted to Minolta A-mount DSLR cameras and related components. It may not say much about the cameras themselves, currently the Konica-Minolta Maxxum 7D and Konica-Minolta Maxxum 5D only, but it has a catalog of nearly every Minolta A-mount lens ever made, complete with detailed specifications, pictures, review links, information links and user-reviews. As Konica-Minolta DSLR users feel uncertainty towards the transition of A-mount DSLR cameras to Sony, Dyxum is bound to become an increasingly important site. This site is recommended for people wanting additional equimpement for their KM digtial SLR cameras.
- Easypano is one of the world's leading virtual tour solution providers, which specializes in developing panorama software and virtual tour software.
- Image Defects
- Comprehensive description of image defects with sample images.
- Imaging Resource
- The reviews of this site cover lots of important points in a very verbose way. A large number of cameras have been reviewed there. A very uniform series of tests and conclusions make this site excellent for comparing competing camera models.
- Luminous Landscape
- This site reviews the handling and ergonomics of high-end cameras. It does not go into button details but the insights on handling are tremendously valuable and cannot be found anywhere else.
- New York Photography School
- The New York Film Academy offers a variety of photography programs starting from 1 week workshops to fully accredited Masters of Fine Arts in Photography. Instruction is available onsite at locations around the world: New York City, Los Angeles, Harvard, Paris, Florence, Brisbane, Abu Dhabi, New Delhi, Kyoto and Beijing.
- Panorama Photo & Panoramic Photography
- Weekly panorama photo and everything you need to create amazing panoramic photos including panorama software reviews and recommendations for tripods, panoramic heads, ball heads and leveling bases.
- Pentax Digital SLR
- The Pentax site for information on its DSLR cameras. There is a reasonable amount of information plus the ability to buy directly from Pentax, although at the full retail price.
- Photography Blog
- As a whole. Photography Blog covers numerous topics including digital photography news, camera reviews and articles. However, it regularly publishes consistent digital camera reviews which focuses on camera usability. These reviews include a bit more image analysis than its peers while still being low-tech.
- SLR Gear
- Both technical site-generated reviews and user-reviews of various lenses.
- Stock Photo Price Calculator
- Ultra-simple interface to estimate image licensing costs based on publication, size and distribution volume. Service is completely free.
- Trusted Reviews
- Trusted Reviews specializes in short reviews of all kinds of electronics, including digital cameras which are given their own section on the site. All cameras reviewed are measured in terms features, image-quality and value, on a 10-point scale. While conclusions reached at Trusted Reviews are not always in accord with those reached in most other sites, they do put down poorly performing digital cameras such as the Epson R-D1 and the Sony M2. This is a rarety among review sites lately and for this we must congradulate them.
Fujinon XF50-140mm F/2.8R LM OIS WR Review
Fujinon XF50-140mm F/2.8R LM OIS WR Review added to the Fuji X-T1 Photographer Experience. This is the top-of-the-line X-mount lens with constant maximum aperture in a weathersealed and freezeproof body with built-in optical image-stabilization.
Fuji X-T1 Graphite Hands-On
The Graphite Edition of the excellent Fuji X-T1 adds an ultra-fast electronic-shutter with 1/32000s maximum speed and a number of improvements in a new smooth and highly durable finish.
Nikon D750 Review
The first video-optimized full-frame DSLR features a 24 MP CMOS sensor with ISO 50 - 51200 range, 6.5 FPS and full 1080p HD video at 60 FPS, with stereo sound and AF-tracking. A 100% coverage viewfinder and large 3.2" tilting LCD with 1.2MP allow precise framing.
Best Digital Cameras of 2014
The best digital cameras of 2014, selected among each class and for various types of photography.
Nikon 1 J4 Review
The smallest Nikon mirrorless packs an 18 MP high-speed CMOS sensor capable of 60 FPS drive and full 1080p HD video at 60 FPS, plus slow-motion video up to 1200 FPS.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Review
Uniquely compact mirrorless that features a 16 MP LiveMOS Four-Thirds sensor with ISO 125-25600 range, 1/16000s-60s, 5 FPS drive and full 1080p HD video. Full manual controls and a very complete feature-set.
Fuji X30 Review
Premium compact with a bright 28-112mm F/2-2.8 mechanical-zoom lens and a 12 MP 2/3" X-Trans CMOS II sensor with built-in Phase-Detect AF. Now offers a large 0.65X magnification 2.8 MP 100% coverage EVF with Eye-Start sensor. Dual control-dials and full 1080p HD @ 60 FPS.
Expert Shield Screen Protector Review
Expert Shield Screen Protectors offer scratch protection with a crystal clear covering that uses no adhesive.
Canon EOS Rebel T5 Review
Entry-level DSLR with 18 MP, 9-Point Phase-Detect AF, 3 FPS drive and full 1080p HD video in a compact body. The lowest-cost Canon DSLR yet.
Nikon D810 Review
Professional DSLR with anti-alias-filter-free 36 MP CMOS sensor. Ultra-low ISO 32 to 51200. 5 FPS and 1080p @ 60 FPS. Large 0.7X magnification 100% coverage OVF. All new processing-pipeline and Highlight-Weighed metering.