Directory of links related to digital photography, technology and other topics. These were found to have interesting contents but the validity and consistency of their information has not been verified.
- Bob Atkins Photography
- Bob Atkins is probably the most complete and in-depth source of information regarding Canon lenses and digital camera optics. This site has reviews of Canon and Canon-compatible lenses with detailed quality and performance measurements. There are also numerous comprehensive articles explaining optics and how they work on digital cameras. While the Bob Atkins concentrates his equipment reviews on Canon cameras, the optics and technology articles are applicable to all brands of digital SLR cameras.
- Digital Camera Resource Page
- Each digital camera review at DCResource covers all the essentials and amazingly manages to stay within a very pleasant length. This is one of the rare sites covering movie modes. The short reviews there are a great place to find out more about a particular camera model.
- Digital Photography Review
- Cameras are analyzed and thoroughly described at dpreview. The reviews there are so detailed that most take more than twenty pages to cover everything from body design to photo quality and almost everything in between. For people who like to completely know a camera before buying, this is the place to go.
- Digital camera image quality measured technically and systematically. Covers multiple aspects of image quality and has a simple comparison interface.
- This site is devoted to Minolta A-mount DSLR cameras and related components. It may not say much about the cameras themselves, currently the Konica-Minolta Maxxum 7D and Konica-Minolta Maxxum 5D only, but it has a catalog of nearly every Minolta A-mount lens ever made, complete with detailed specifications, pictures, review links, information links and user-reviews. As Konica-Minolta DSLR users feel uncertainty towards the transition of A-mount DSLR cameras to Sony, Dyxum is bound to become an increasingly important site. This site is recommended for people wanting additional equimpement for their KM digtial SLR cameras.
- Easypano is one of the world's leading virtual tour solution providers, which specializes in developing panorama software and virtual tour software.
- Image Defects
- Comprehensive description of image defects with sample images.
- Imaging Resource
- The reviews of this site cover lots of important points in a very verbose way. A large number of cameras have been reviewed there. A very uniform series of tests and conclusions make this site excellent for comparing competing camera models.
- Luminous Landscape
- This site reviews the handling and ergonomics of high-end cameras. It does not go into button details but the insights on handling are tremendously valuable and cannot be found anywhere else.
- New York Photography School
- The New York Film Academy offers a variety of photography programs starting from 1 week workshops to fully accredited Masters of Fine Arts in Photography. Instruction is available onsite at locations around the world: New York City, Los Angeles, Harvard, Paris, Florence, Brisbane, Abu Dhabi, New Delhi, Kyoto and Beijing.
- Panorama Photo & Panoramic Photography
- Weekly panorama photo and everything you need to create amazing panoramic photos including panorama software reviews and recommendations for tripods, panoramic heads, ball heads and leveling bases.
- Pentax Digital SLR
- The Pentax site for information on its DSLR cameras. There is a reasonable amount of information plus the ability to buy directly from Pentax, although at the full retail price.
- Photography Blog
- As a whole. Photography Blog covers numerous topics including digital photography news, camera reviews and articles. However, it regularly publishes consistent digital camera reviews which focuses on camera usability. These reviews include a bit more image analysis than its peers while still being low-tech.
- SLR Gear
- Both technical site-generated reviews and user-reviews of various lenses.
- Stock Photo Price Calculator
- Ultra-simple interface to estimate image licensing costs based on publication, size and distribution volume. Service is completely free.
- Trusted Reviews
- Trusted Reviews specializes in short reviews of all kinds of electronics, including digital cameras which are given their own section on the site. All cameras reviewed are measured in terms features, image-quality and value, on a 10-point scale. While conclusions reached at Trusted Reviews are not always in accord with those reached in most other sites, they do put down poorly performing digital cameras such as the Epson R-D1 and the Sony M2. This is a rarety among review sites lately and for this we must congradulate them.
Mirrorless Camera Buying Guide - 2015 Edition
Our detailed mirrorless digital camera buying guide, fully updated for 2015. This is the best and more current mirrorless guide!
Nikon D5500 Review
Compact entry-level DSLR with a 24 MP APS-C sensor without anti-alias filter. 5 FPS drive and full 1080p HD video at 60 FPS. A 3.2" 1 MP rotating touchscreen LCD plus built-in WiFi.
Canon Powershot G7 X Review
Premium compact with a large 20 MP 1" CMOS sensor. Stabilized ultra-bright ultra-wide-angle 4.2X optical zoom lens. ISO 125-12800, 1/2000s-250s shutter-speed, 6.5 FPS and full 1080p HD @ 60 FPS. Dual-controls dials and a tilting 3" LCD.
Fuji X100T Review
The latest classically-styled fixed lens camera from Fuji packs a 16 MP sensor with built-in Phase-Detect AF and a bright F/2 fixed 23mm lens. It offers a unique hybrid EVF/OVF with Digital Range Finder in a highly mechanical design.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Review
The most compact interchangeable lens digital camera capable of 4K Ultra-HD video. Equipped with a 16 MP Four-Thirds CMOS sensor capable of 12 FPS. Its class-leading autofocus system is sensitive to -4 EV. Fitted with a 2.4 MP EVF with Eye-Start sensor and 1 MP 3" Rotating LCD.
Fujinon XF50-140mm F/2.8R LM OIS WR Review
Fujinon XF50-140mm F/2.8R LM OIS WR Review added to the Fuji X-T1 Photographer Experience. This is the top-of-the-line X-mount lens with constant maximum aperture in a weathersealed and freezeproof body with built-in optical image-stabilization.
Fuji X-T1 Graphite Hands-On
The Graphite Edition of the excellent Fuji X-T1 adds an ultra-fast electronic-shutter with 1/32000s maximum speed and a number of improvements in a new smooth and highly durable finish.
Nikon D750 Review
The first video-optimized full-frame DSLR features a 24 MP CMOS sensor with ISO 50 - 51200 range, 6.5 FPS and full 1080p HD video at 60 FPS, with stereo sound and AF-tracking. A 100% coverage viewfinder and large 3.2" tilting LCD with 1.2MP allow precise framing.
Best Digital Cameras of 2014
The best digital cameras of 2014, selected among each class and for various types of photography.
Nikon 1 J4 Review
The smallest Nikon mirrorless packs an 18 MP high-speed CMOS sensor capable of 60 FPS drive and full 1080p HD video at 60 FPS, plus slow-motion video up to 1200 FPS.