Directory of links related to digital photography, technology and other topics. These were found to have interesting contents but the validity and consistency of their information has not been verified.
- Bob Atkins Photography
- Bob Atkins is probably the most complete and in-depth source of information regarding Canon lenses and digital camera optics. This site has reviews of Canon and Canon-compatible lenses with detailed quality and performance measurements. There are also numerous comprehensive articles explaining optics and how they work on digital cameras. While the Bob Atkins concentrates his equipment reviews on Canon cameras, the optics and technology articles are applicable to all brands of digital SLR cameras.
- Digital Camera Resource Page
- Each digital camera review at DCResource covers all the essentials and amazingly manages to stay within a very pleasant length. This is one of the rare sites covering movie modes. The short reviews there are a great place to find out more about a particular camera model.
- Digital Photography Review
- Cameras are analyzed and thoroughly described at dpreview. The reviews there are so detailed that most take more than twenty pages to cover everything from body design to photo quality and almost everything in between. For people who like to completely know a camera before buying, this is the place to go.
- Digital camera image quality measured technically and systematically. Covers multiple aspects of image quality and has a simple comparison interface.
- This site is devoted to Minolta A-mount DSLR cameras and related components. It may not say much about the cameras themselves, currently the Konica-Minolta Maxxum 7D and Konica-Minolta Maxxum 5D only, but it has a catalog of nearly every Minolta A-mount lens ever made, complete with detailed specifications, pictures, review links, information links and user-reviews. As Konica-Minolta DSLR users feel uncertainty towards the transition of A-mount DSLR cameras to Sony, Dyxum is bound to become an increasingly important site. This site is recommended for people wanting additional equimpement for their KM digtial SLR cameras.
- Easypano is one of the world's leading virtual tour solution providers, which specializes in developing panorama software and virtual tour software.
- Image Defects
- Comprehensive description of image defects with sample images.
- Imaging Resource
- The reviews of this site cover lots of important points in a very verbose way. A large number of cameras have been reviewed there. A very uniform series of tests and conclusions make this site excellent for comparing competing camera models.
- Luminous Landscape
- This site reviews the handling and ergonomics of high-end cameras. It does not go into button details but the insights on handling are tremendously valuable and cannot be found anywhere else.
- New York Photography School
- The New York Film Academy offers a variety of photography programs starting from 1 week workshops to fully accredited Masters of Fine Arts in Photography. Instruction is available onsite at locations around the world: New York City, Los Angeles, Harvard, Paris, Florence, Brisbane, Abu Dhabi, New Delhi, Kyoto and Beijing.
- Panorama Photo & Panoramic Photography
- Weekly panorama photo and everything you need to create amazing panoramic photos including panorama software reviews and recommendations for tripods, panoramic heads, ball heads and leveling bases.
- Pentax Digital SLR
- The Pentax site for information on its DSLR cameras. There is a reasonable amount of information plus the ability to buy directly from Pentax, although at the full retail price.
- Photography Blog
- As a whole. Photography Blog covers numerous topics including digital photography news, camera reviews and articles. However, it regularly publishes consistent digital camera reviews which focuses on camera usability. These reviews include a bit more image analysis than its peers while still being low-tech.
- SLR Gear
- Both technical site-generated reviews and user-reviews of various lenses.
- Stock Photo Price Calculator
- Ultra-simple interface to estimate image licensing costs based on publication, size and distribution volume. Service is completely free.
- Trusted Reviews
- Trusted Reviews specializes in short reviews of all kinds of electronics, including digital cameras which are given their own section on the site. All cameras reviewed are measured in terms features, image-quality and value, on a 10-point scale. While conclusions reached at Trusted Reviews are not always in accord with those reached in most other sites, they do put down poorly performing digital cameras such as the Epson R-D1 and the Sony M2. This is a rarety among review sites lately and for this we must congradulate them.
Canon Powershot SX610 HS Review
Ultra-compact ultra-zoom with a stabilized 18X wide-angle optical zoom and 20 megapixels high-speed CMOS sensor. ISO 80-3200, 1/2000-15s, 2.5 FPS and full 1080p HD video, plus WiFi and NFC.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Review
Ultra-zoom prosumer camera with a large 20 MP 1" CMOS sensor and stabilized 16X wide-angle optical-zoom lens. Records full 4K Ultra-HD at 30 FPS. High-speed 4K Photo-Mode and 12 FPS drive.
Canon EOS Rebel T5i Review
Entry-level DSLR. 18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor with built-in Phase-Detect AF. 5 FPS drive and full 1080p HD video. Single control-dial and 95% crop 0.85X magnification viewfinder in a comfortable and light-weight body.
Nikon 1 J5 Review
The 1 J5 introduces a new 20 megapixels 1" high-speed CMOS sensor in a compact body with dual control-dials, a traditional mode-dial and a tilting 3" touchscreen LCD. Continuous drive up to 60 FPS at full-resolution, 4K Ultra-HD video capture and a 105-point on-sensor Phase-Detect AF system.
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Review
The new E-M5 brings 40 megapixels Super-Resolution capture to Micro Four-Thirds while improving 5-axis image-stabilization and showing off a new 2.4 MP 0.5" EVF with Eye-Start Sensor. Native 16 MP drive @ 10 FPS and full 1080p HD @ 60 FPS.
Fuji XQ2 Review
Ultra-Compact Fuji premium camera. 12 MP 2/3" X-Trans CMOS II sensor with built-in Phase-Detect AF. Ultra-Bright F/1.8 wide-angle 4X optical-zoom. Dual control-dials, 3" LCD and built-in WiFi.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Review
Unique premium compact with 12 MP effective multi-aspect resolution and ultra-wide ultra-bright 24-75mm F/1.7-2.8 lens. 11 FPS Drive and 4K Ultra-HD video at 30 FPS. Plenty of direct controls plus a built-in 2.8 MP EVF with Eye-Start sensor, a 3" LCD and WiFi.
Nikon D7200 Review
New Nikon flagship APS-C DSLR with a revised 24 MP CMOS sensor without anti-alias filter. 6 FPS with deep buffer and 1080p @ 60 FPS video capture. Dual control-dials, 100% coverage viewfinder and WiFi in a weather-sealed body.
Mirrorless Camera Buying Guide - 2015 Edition
Our detailed mirrorless digital camera buying guide, fully updated for 2015. This is the best and more current mirrorless guide!
Nikon D5500 Review
Compact entry-level DSLR with a 24 MP APS-C sensor without anti-alias filter. 5 FPS drive and full 1080p HD video at 60 FPS. A 3.2" 1 MP rotating touchscreen LCD plus built-in WiFi.